Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Vortex Shawl

I finally finished my first shawl, it took awhile, mainly due to my knitting ADD. I had gotten this really nice Blue Heron Yarn from my local yarn store.

I had tried to make a sweater with it but I didn't like it and ended up ripping it out. Then I thought of making a shawl but my first attempt ended up being a small lap sized square that couldn't even be passed off as a scarf. So I proceeded to rip it out again. I finally decided to look up a pattern (something I should have done in the first place) and I finally found this gem on ravelry. It is the Vortex Shawl. It was easy and fun to work on. I took it with me everywhere, I didn't have to pay close attention to the pattern since it repeats itself constantly. I eventually ran out of the beautiful blue yarn and had to run to the yarn store to get more. Since they did not have the same color I got a variegated fiber from the same company that had the same blue in it. It is now finished and I am so pleased with it. This was a fun project!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment